Carbon dioxide gas is a versatile and important industrial gas with a wide range of applications. It is available in a variety of purity grades and supply options to meet the needs of different industries.
Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is essential for life on Earth. It is a natural component of the atmosphere, making up about 0.04% of the air we breathe. CO2 is also produced by the respiration of all living things and is a major byproduct of human activities such as burning fossil fuels.
CO2 is a greenhouse gas, meaning that it traps heat in the atmosphere. This is why CO2 emissions are a major concern in the fight against climate change. However, CO2 also has many important applications in industry and commerce.
CO2 is used in a wide range of applications, including:
- Food and beverage:CO2 is used to carbonate drinks such as soda and beer. It is also used as a preservative in food packaging and to prevent spoilage.
- Metal fabrication:CO2 is used as a shielding gas in welding and cutting operations. It helps to protect the metal from oxidation and contamination.
- Oil and gas:CO2 is used in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) to increase the amount of oil that can be extracted from a reservoir. It is also used in carbon capture and storage (CCS) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power plants and other industrial facilities.
- Chemicals and plastics:CO2 is used in the production of a variety of chemicals and plastics, including urea, methanol, and polyethylene.
- Firefighting:CO2 is used as a fire extinguishing agent because it displaces oxygen and suffocates the fire.
- Medical:CO2 is used in medical applications such as laparoscopic surgery and laser therapy.
CO2 is used in a wide range of industries, including:
- Food and beverage: Carbonated drinks, food packaging, food processing
- Metal fabrication: Welding, cutting, heat treatment
- Oil and gas: Enhanced oil recovery, carbon capture and storage
- Chemicals and plastics: Fertilizers, pharmaceuticals, plastics production
- Firefighting: Fire extinguishers
- Medical: Surgery, laser therapy, medical imaging
CO2 is available in a variety of purity grades, depending on the application. The most common purity grades are:
- Food grade: 99.9% purity
- Industrial grade: 99% purity
- Ultra high purity (UHP): 99.999% purity
UHP CO2 is required for some applications, such as semiconductor manufacturing and medical devices.
CO2 is typically supplied in cylinders, bulk tanks, and liquid tankers. The most appropriate supply option depends on the volume of CO2 required and the application.
- Cylinders: Cylinders are the most common way to supply CO2 for small-volume applications. They are available in a variety of sizes and purity grades.
- Bulk tanks: Bulk tanks are a good option for medium- to large-volume applications. They can be installed on-site and refilled by a gas supplier.
- Liquid tankers: Liquid tankers are used to supply CO2 for very large-volume applications, such as carbon capture and storage projects.
+8801682 999 222
+8802 2222 89024